In January 2020 the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the outbreak of a new coronavirus disease in Hubei Province, China to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. WHO stated there is a high risk of the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) spreading to other countries around the world.
With many restrictions being lifted around the construction industry- building infrastructure for healthcare and across MGNREGA for daily wagers- precautionary measures need to be set to prevent the spread of contamination.
OVERALL CONSIDERATIONS FOR WORK SITES
- General Hygiene
- Awareness / Support to Workers
- Entrance and Exit to Construction sites and labour colonies
- Site maps and segregation
- Risk of infection to various stakeholders
- Tools and gear
- Material and storage
- Construction work and physical distancing/ other precautions
- Precautions for Accommodation On-site and Offsites
Entrance to Site/ Labour Colony
Risk of Infection
Limit any unnecessary visitors to the site, e.g sales staff, office staff, family members or clients. For others who visit for a few hours, masks, gloves and a protective layer that can be sanitized after every use is to be considered.
Important role of home owners and clients on ensuring protocols on sites and in accommodation.