Consultations held with experts in the Indian Textiles Sector in May, 2020
Consultation Sessions held between the SELCO Foundation staff and prominent experts and practitioners in the cotton farming and textile value chain covered the challenges across three key aspects- the effects of COVID-19 on the practice and market, main challenges in the said value chain and the ecosystem of solutions which can be devised to overcome them using technology, finance and linkages.
The consultation was held with the following people:
- Mr. Channu Hiremath, Cotton Production Consultant, WWF India
- Mr. Swaminathan, Vice President , Organic Farming Association of India (OFAI)
- Mr. Anshul and Ms. Prerna, Urmul
- Mr. Sundarraj, Motherland Cotton
- Mr. Benudhar Pradhan, Development Officer, KVIC- Kalahandi Odisha