Guidelines on Preventing the Spread of COVID19
The COVID-19 outbreak has presented a unique set of challenges for different segments of the population, especially for medical personnel and social welfare staff working at the frontlines of this global crisis.
The toolkit aims to provide basic guidelines on managing facilities that face issues of space constraints, lack of resources and are unable to adequately follow social distancing norms and offers low-cost alternatives to otherwise resource-intensive precautionary measures.
This toolkit includes the following:
- Personal protective practices
- Cleanliness and hygiene among facility occupants
- Cleaning and disinfecting your facility
- Managing devices and equipment while caring for persons with disabilities
- Medical preparedness during a lockdown
- Visitors at the facility
- How to set up an isolation ward
- Using a mask the right way
- Handling produce safely
- Using hand sanitizers effectively
- Washing your hands the right way